2015 Summit on Aging
In May 2015, PAFC hosted a Summit on Aging for over 200 attendees from a broad spectrum of the business, service, academic, public, and non profit communities.
• Andrew Scharlach, Professor of Aging at UC Berkeley
• Sandy Markwood, CEO of n4a
• Elizabeth Garner, Colorado’s state demographer
• Elisabeth Borden of the Highland Group in Boulder
• Martin Shields, Professor of Economics at Colorado State University
As with the 2010 Summit on Aging, this summit’s goals were:
To inform stakeholders of the need to address the four PAFC priority issues in light of the on- coming growth in the 60+ population.
To provide an opportunity for sharing ideas about ways to build on existing efforts and initia- tives to better prepare Larimer County to reap the benefits of a healthy, active, socially connected population of retirees.
During afternoon focus group discussions, many community assets were highlighted in addition to a number of gaps to be filled. Videos of each speaker’s presentation and a summary of focus group observations are available on this website under Summit on Aging 2015.