It is our belief that fundamental changes in the way a community accommodates its senior residents happen when all sectors work together to support those changes.
The Foundation on Aging pursues collaborative efforts within the county in a number of ways.
- We work closely with the Larimer County Office on Aging to identify and address the needs of seniors. We have a memorandum of understanding which outlines our working relationship and the Program Manager and Program Coordinator sit as ex officio members on our board.
- We provide administrative support for the Elder Care Network of Larimer County, a volunteer group of private and nonprofit providers whose mission is to support and inform caregivers of frail elder family members about caregiving challenges and resources.
- We work with local faith based, business, provider and other community groups to identify specific needs of low income and frail seniors and and to identify local grassroots solutions
- A member of the Fort Collins Senior Advisory Board acts as liaison to our board to keep each other apprised of plans and activities and to provide support and input for projects of mutual interest.
- We have assumed leadership roles two major community-based efforts to improve the status and quality of life for seniors in the community: