Larimer County Senior Outreach
The Senior Outreach project is the collaborative work of several agencies concerned about the need for accessible, affordable care management for isolated and or low income seniors in need of assistance to identify and access affordable community resources to support their health and physical and psychosocial independence.
In the Spring of 2012, FOA brought together representatives from thirty agencies concerned about the lack of accessible care management for low income and isolated seniors in Larimer County. A steering committee was formed to research the status of local care management services and to explore options for filling in identified gaps.
To date the committee has accomplished the following:
- Developed a statement of mission and goals
- Conducted a county-wide survey of all agencies that provide some level of care management services to determine what is available and who is eligible.
- Developed a model for referral and assessment of the need for care management among community seniors.
- Facilitated implementation of a sliding scale service to provide low cost services to needy seniors. This low cost service is provided through Lutheran Family Services' Older Adult and Caregiver program.
- Will host a Care Manager Forum in February 2015 to bring together community care managers to explore strategies for improving access to services that will assist all seniors to remain healthy, independent and engaged in the community.